During Joshua McNary’s year long journey to entrepreneurship, he went though a number of phases which will help you consider your next step. He began a process of discovery in asking for guidance, help and suggestions from trusted mentors, family, and friends to come to the point of finally deciding it was the right time to make his dream a reality.
Here are a few key points of his talk for those considering self-employment:
- Is your job Your life? Is your Life your Job? Why can’t they be the same — your LIFE.
- Ask for help discovering your path and get mentors
- Keep an open mind on your business ideas and self image, stretch for success
- Do as much as you can moonlighting prior to acting: planning, side work, marketing, systems, & networking
- Take action now, be flexible & adapt, follow your passions, trust & grow
Joshua will be presenting at the Loft Startup Exchange Meet Up in Marion, IA. Thinking of becoming a Loft Startup Exchange Member, or just want more information? Click here!