Next week on May 14-16, 2014, you’ll want to make plans to attend Iowa’s entrepreneurial and business innovation mecca, EntreFEST 2014 in Iowa City, Iowa. This year’s program is again produced by my friends Amanda West and Andy Stoll (both of Seed Here Studio). Andy has been quoted stating EntreFEST as “If #SXSW had a half-brother in Iowa.” If EntreFEST lives up to anywhere near such a high bar for conference innovation and content, it will be amazing. The best part is, I think the event will. Don’t miss it!
Speakers, events, & sessions
- * Nate Kaeding, Founding Partner, Short’s Burger & Shine (& Former NFL kicker)
- * Scott Bush, founder and president, Templeton Rye Spirits
- * Carl Blake, creator of the World’s Perfect Pig
- * Ben Gilbert, outgoing director, Microsoft’s Innovation Garage
- * Lydia Brown, Skywalk Group and Ascent
- * Small Business & General Audience Track
- * Includes yours truly speaking on “Taking Your Email Inbox From Ridiculous To Inbox Zero”
- * High-growth Startups Track
- * Women Entrepreneurs Track
- * Economic Development & Startup Communities Track
- * Corporate Innovation Track
- * The EntreFEST Street Festival
- * Dream Big, Grow Here State Finals
- * And many, many more…
Solve your overflowing email inbox with my talk at EntreFEST
Are you buried in email? Who isn’t? People who follow the principles of Inbox Zero – that’s who! Become one of these email ninjas by joining me Thursday, May 15th from 10:45-11:35am in the Sheraton – Dean Ballroom C for “Taking Your Email Inbox From Ridiculous To Inbox Zero.” This is a discussion of the Inbox Zero methodology and how to get your inbox under control using David Allen’s GTD methods and borrowing from Merlin Mann’s advocacy of Inbox Zero. Come, learn, and get control of your email.
Core to the ideas of this email management method and to be discussed in full at the talk:
- * Getting a system for your email – you control it vs. it (and the people sending you the email) controlling you
- * Touch all email and process it once
- * Create a task and archive folder to process email to
- * Learn to use your email client’s search to find old stuff
- * Set specific times of day for email and don’t get distracted by it others times of day
- * And many more tips!
Awesome other features!
In addition to the creative Street Festival and utilizing the Iowa City Ped Mall as the venue, EntreFEST will be packed full of other innovative event features which will set it apart and only more reason to attend. Local Hosts, of which I am proud to be one of, have been tasked with making attendees welcome with on the fly icebreaker activities like you’ve never seen before (trust me they are cool), an Iowa Ecosystem Map, and fun/informative badge stickers so you can add flair to your event ID (which I developed for the event). This is not going to be just be “any other conference”!
I developed these 2014 EntreFEST badge stickers to help you highlight your entrepreneurial talents & values. Find these (and many others) near the registration area when you check in and add them to your badge!
Get a discount, register now
If you have not already signed up, you can still get a $10 discount on your registration by using the code JOSHSENTME when signing up. You can book your slot at the EntreFEST site. It is really a steal even at full ticket price and even more so when you get a discount!
Don’t miss this event if you are anywhere near Iowa City, Iowa. I’ll see you there!