When’s the last time you freshened up your website? Periodically, your website needs to be updated – from both a visual and content perspective.
If it’s been three years or more since you made significant changes to your website, it’s probably time. In fact, we recommend a website audit every year.
Web technology and the way we consume internet media has changed so much in the past few years. Here are a few reasons you may need a website redesign:
- Plugins or other features might not be working properly anymore.
- Your website doesn’t look good on every different phone size.
- Your website doesn’t respond well to various web platforms.
- Google and other search engines may not be picking up your content as well as it used to.
- You don’t have an SSL certificate on the site.
A good web designer can help you review these items and more, as well as provide technical updates to get your website in line with contemporary best practices.
Even if your website has all the technical updates, if you haven’t updated in a while, it might still need some work. Any website with some miles on it may be getting stagnant. Users expect some amount of iteration. A repeat visitor might perceive the website to be out of date, which will reflect on your brand.
Here are a few quick updates you can do to give your website a quick refresh:
- Apply a new WordPress theme to change the overall look of the website.
- Change up the colors to reflect a more modern look.
- Update the photography or images
Sometimes there are simple tweaks you can make, like a fresh coat of paint, without taking your website down to the studs. Start simple with impactful changes that will improve your visitors experience and ultimately drive more sales. If you have any questions about your website, contact us today.